Monday, May 31, 2010

Change the perspective





I am unhappy.

I have a nice apartment, a great paying job, and a life living in a foreign country.  Most people would kill for this.

I am unhappy.

In the two months that I have lived in this new foreign land with this job that I currently have, I feel there is a void in my life.  A void that won't take an additionally time.  What I know I am missing is simply a lack of feeling.  Passion.  I want passion.  I want meaning.  I want to wake up everyday feeling inspired. To me, the most important thing that I can own is not in the form of a material possession.  To me, the most important thing in my arsenal is my ability to feel passion at every moment, and for others to feel my passion. I want to wake up in the morning and be happy to be alive.  I want to rise out of bed with excitement as if there was great work to be done.  I want to work and I want to work hard.  however, I want my work to be filled with meaning.  

And so the story will begin.  Today will be the mark of a great experiment.  You see, many books write about the subject of figuring out how to change your life.  However, most of their answers lead to changing the big tangibles like moving to a new place, getting a new job, etc.  I seek a new challenge.  The same big tangibles will be in affect but I will attempt to do something different.  Instead of changing what I do, I will simply change my perception of my reality.  

Simply put:  I will attempt to figure out how to love the life I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment