Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Definition of Success


"My definition of success is to live your life in a way that causes you to feel a ton of pleasure and very little pain - and because of your lifestyle, have the people around you feel a lot more pleasure than they do pain."

~Tony Robbins

The quote above is from one of my greatest mentors.  I have never met the man, but I accredit him for much of my success.

In essence, his words represent why I want to be a leader.  To me, the greatest measure of a person's leadership success is his ability to contribute to the organization at large.  Moreover, to empower one's subordinates, to impact their lives in a meaningful and empowering way creates an organization whose success is not driven by negative repercussions, but by an individuals drive for excellence.

This is my definition of leadership success:  To lead others, not just to pursue organizational objects, but to empower them to become the person that they have always dreamed to be.  If I can accomplish this, if I can make this dream a reality, I will have succeeded as a leader.    

1 comment:

  1. n order to achieve this, you need to define your environmental principles; you need to understand what you want to do, why certain things are important to you, why others simply do not fit in your life.

    lifestyle definition

    ReplyDelete