Monday, June 14, 2010

Shaping the identity: The birth of the Soulful Warrior

I remember as a child thinking of the world as something that I could conquer.  What ever I wanted to do or what ever I wanted to be was mine for the taking.  Nothing could stop me and what ever was in my way would move for I was a force to be reckoned with.   

However, somehow, somewhere the curse of rationality and the seemingly comfort of mediocrity fills the mind of adults everywhere.  The standard of what is excellent drops and a life of less passion, less fun, less fulfillment is the norm.  

This to me is what I believe the majority of the adult world falls victim of.  

!!Slap!!  Wake up world!  Right now the world is at our finger tips.  The power of decision is yours and only yours.  Do you sit stoically on the sidelines or do have the courage to get your ass on the field for game day?  

In our day and age I feel that a new archetype for living is needed.  A new persona to tackle the world is a must.  We all need that someone inside ourself who has the spirit of a warrior to tackle life's challenges as well as the compassionate heart to enjoy this ride of life.  Moreover, we need the sophistication of a mind that can handle all of these things and synch them to one.  

A new archetype for living:  The Soulful Warrior
-The spirit of a warrior
-The heart of a lover
-The mind of a philosopher

Characteristics:
-Passionate
-Powerful 
-A Warrior
-Philosophical
-Soulful
-Compassionate

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading your blog and I loved this post man!

    I don't know if you're familiar with him but you might like the writings of Che Guevara.

    I don't mean to prejudge but since you're from the states, you probably heard only the bad and wrong things, as Cuba and the US are enemies and usually one side only spreads their view.

    But he talked a lot about the creation of a new man. One that was not driven by petty mundane things or material things (since he was a communist after all), but one that answered to a higher purpose in life (and I don't mean religious here), his own purpose of excelling, being self sufficient in the sense that you don't need someone or something to feel good about yourself. And also the purpose of the Revolution that in the end was to create the conditions for that man to develop. A man who had the strength to fight for his cause and beliefs (being a warrior) but at the same time the softness (heart of a lover). One of his lines was in fact: "One must harden himself but never loose the tenderness, never!".

    Your post reminded me a lot of that! I don't have any literature to recommend to you right now but let me know if you're interested.

    Keep posting, awesome stuff!

    Che

    ReplyDelete